There is a wealth of information available for those interested in the missions of northern Sonora and southern Arizona. Below are some links and suggested readings.
- Missions Initiative
- Tumacácori National Historical Park
- Mission 2000: Searchable Spanish Mission Records
- Documentary Relations of the Southwest Master Index
- University of Arizona Office of Ethnohistorical Research
- San Xavier del Bac Mission
- Patronato San Xavier
- Kino Heritage Society
- Friends of Tucson’s Birthplace – Mission Garden
- Misiones Coloniales (In Spanish, this website documents colonial missions of Chihuahua)
- Pimeria Alta Museum
- Exploring Colonial Mexico
- Presidio San Agustin del Tucson
- Tubac Presidio State Historic Park
- California Missions Foundation
- San Antonio Missions
- Bleser, Nicholas, 2017. Tumacacóri: From Ranchería to National Park. Tucson: The Southwestern Mission Research Center.
- Fontana, Bernard L., 2015. San Xavier del Bac: Portrait of a Desert Church. Tucson: The Southwestern Mission Research Center.
- Wilder, Joseph Carleton (editor), 2014. “O’odham and the Pimería Alta,” Journal of the Southwest, Vol. 56, No. 2 (Summer). Tucson: The Southwest Center, University of Arizona.
- Griffith, James S., and Francisco Javier Manzo Taylor, 2007. The Face of Christ in Sonora/El Rostro del Señor en Sonora. Tucson: Rio Nuevo Publishers.
- Officer, James E., Mardith Schuetz-Miller, and Bernard Fontana (editors), 1996. The Pimería Alta: Missions and More. Tucson: The Southwestern Mission Research Center.
- Pickens, Buford (editor), 1993. The Missions of Northern Sonora: A 1935 Field Documentation. Tucson: The University of Arizona Press.
- Griffith, James S., 1992. Beliefs and Holy Places: A Spiritual Geography of the Pimería Alta. Tucson: The University of Arizona Press.
- Simmons, Marc, 1991. “Santiago: Reality and Myth.” In Simmons, Marc, Donna Pierce, and Joan Myers: Santiago: Saint of Two Worlds, Albuquerque: University of New Mexico Press.
- Polzer, S.J., Charles, 1976. A Kino Guide: His Missions – His Monuments. Tucson: The Southwestern Mission Research Center.
- Eckhart, George B. and James S. Griffith, 1975. “Temples in the Wilderness: the Spanish Churches of Northern Sonora: Their Architecture, Their Past and Present Appearance, and How to Reach Them.” Monograph No. 3 of the Arizona Historical Society, Tucson.