The California Missions Foundation (CMF) is joining with Mission Santa Inés for a critical retrofit of the mission, which will be a $3.6 million project. CMF is currently forming a fundraising committee and will be reaching out to engage everyone from the local community to the federal government to help reach this historic goal. Mission Santa Inés is in need of several crucial updates to prohibit water damage and reinforce the adobe walls:
• The roof tiles need to be tightened and sealed to prohibit water damage
• The exterior plaster is impermeable and needs to be replaced by a breathable lime plaster to preserve the adobe underneath
• The walls need to be reinforced with steel beams to uphold and strengthen the adobe walls
• Connections to convent and buttress need to be reinforced
• Interior woodwork restoration is needed as well
CMF and Mission Santa Inés hope to have this project completed in eight months once funding has been secured and construction has begun. CMF will be applying for federal grants, local foundation grants, and seeking support from the community to launch this imperative project. For more information about Mission Santa Inés and how to help, see the Santa Inés Brochure.